If you have installed the PERMANOVA+ add-on (additional product) then go here instead PERMANOVA+ update...
The current version of PRIMER is 6.1.18.
Note that this version uses the .Net Framework 4 and some older versions of Windows are no longer supported. It needs Windows XP with service pack 2 or later, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10. Either 32 bit or 64 bit is supported. If updating PRIMER versions before 6.1.13 this update includes some significant changes to program functions, and there is a manual supplement that can be downloaded below.
The update is applied as a patch and requires an undamaged PRIMER 6 installation.
1. Log on as an administrator
2. Do this step ONLY if you are running Windows
XP, Vista or 7.
Make sure you have the Microsoft .Net 4 Framework installed.
You can check this by going to Control Panel>Add or remove programs.
If not, or you are unsure, download it from
Microsoft .Net Framework 4 Client Profile...
If this link is not available then search the Microsoft web site for '.Net Framework 4 Client Profile'.
3. Download the update from PRIMER 6 Update...
4. Install the update by double clicking on the update file.
When prompted, make sure that the location of the PRIMER 6 installation folder is correct.
5. Download the V6.1.13 manual supplement as a Word file from here...
6. If updating a very old version of PRIMER 6, you may need to re-enter your serial number. Hold down the SHIFT key, right click on the PRIMER desktop shortcut and select 'Run as administrator' (even if already logged in as an administrator). When prompted enter the serial number including the '-' characters.